Sponsorship related questions and answers
- How does my sponsorship work in Ukrainian communities?
- In What Way Am I Connecting With My Sponsored Child?
- What Does Child Sponsorship Mean?
- How do you select the children for sponsorship?
- Will you help me do something special for my sponsored child or address a unique issue my chosen child or his/her family dealing with?
- How much does sponsorship cost?
- Is my sponsorship or donation tax deductible?
- What happens after I chose to sponsor a child?
- How long will my sponsorship last?
- Can I sponsor more than one child?
- Can one child have more than one sponsor?
- Are siblings sponsored separately or together?
- Do you facilitate adoptions of orphans who are part of your program?
- Is it possible to bring my school-aged sponsored child to my home for a hosting experience during school breaks?
- Is it possible to visit my sponsored child in Ukraine or neighboring European country?
- How much would it cost me to visit my sponsored child?
- What are the school break times in Ukraine?
- Can I sponsor a child through my company or organization?
- How much of my sponsorship will actually be used to help a child?
- Why do volunteers play such a large role in «CHILDREN IN UKRAINE» program?
- Show All Articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
Engagement questions & answers
- Will my employer match my donation?
- If I choose your Individual Sponsorship Option, how do I build a relationship with my chosen child?
- What if my sponsored child is too small or missed some schooling and cannot read or write?
- What Should I Write To My Sponsored Child?
- Can I come and meet your team members in person?
- Can I contact my sponsored child outside of «CHILDREN IN UKRAINE» channel?
- Can I e-mail my sponsored child rather than sending a regular letter?
- Can I send cash directly to my sponsored child?
- Can I share my sponsorship experience via social media?
- I want to help a child but can't commit to monthly sponsorship, what should I do?
- What is your advice if my sponsored child contacts me outside of «CHILDREN IN UKRAINE» channels?
- Will my sponsored child and his/her family learn my personal information?
- Can I send a gift to my sponsored child?
Financial questions & answers
< All Topics
Can I e-mail my sponsored child rather than sending a regular letter?
We prefer regular letters over e-mails when corresponding with children. Old-fashioned letters have a big advantage over e-mails: they are material, you held them with your own hands before putting into an envelope! Regular letters carry an additional feeling and touch to them, they may be carried to school, shown to friends. They help you build a personal relationship with your sponsored child and create an additional feeling of comfort and confidence inside your sponsored child, which in part is what our program is all about! In certain situations a deprived child can even put your letter under his or her pillow – it’s impossible to do with an e-mail!